I had to wait to post our Favorite Meal of the Week because I kinda knew everyone would dig on the nachos. We actually don't have these too often, but my husband loves his red meat so I try to give him something every week. My daughter loves nachos, too, because anything that doesn't require a fork is a good meal!
What's In It:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- seasoning -- I grabbed some low sodium taco seasoning when we first moved here b/c I didn't have all my spices out or my kitchen organized, but I'm trying to finish those up and go to a homemade mix instead that will have NO SALT in it!!
- tortilla chips
- low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded romaine lettuce
- salsa (mild for the husband and kid; medium for me)
- low-fat sour cream
- chopped tomato
- Brown beef in skillet. Drain beef and rinse to reduce fat grams even more. Return to skillet and add seasoning and appropriate amount of water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Layer on plate -- tortilla chips, beef, cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, and tomato. I'm really quite picky about this and like it to be layered just so on my plate (minus the tomatoes for me). My husband is not at all picky, but I make the plates all at once so everyone's is pretty much the same.