Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

New Year means new start. I took some time off during the holidays -- it was needed, believe me. I have a few pictures of some of the food I made during the holiday and I'll be sharing those later. For now, it's Monday and here's my menu plan!
  • Monday -- Turkey & Dumplings; never made it before but I've got plenty of turkey broth and chopped turkey leftover from Christmas that I've been saving. I've got a recipe request out there for Chicken & Dumplings, so hopefully I'll be making this tonight.
  • Tuesday -- waffles & oranges; I got a waffle maker for Christmas (!!!) so I'm excited to try it out. I plan on making a double batch and will be trying out a few flavor combinations during the year. I have a job that I start NEXT WEEK and since I have to get up at 5:30 a.m. there is no way I will be rolling out of bed and heading to the kitchen. Waffles are going to become a staple car breakfast, so flavors will be necessary since maple syrup will be out.
  • Wednesday -- Taco Soup with fresh corn muffins
  • Thursday -- Spaghetti with homemade sauce from the freezer and a bowl of apple slices
  • Friday -- leftovers night
  • Saturday -- Pork Roast with potatoes, veg (undecided on which one yet), and fresh bread
  • Sunday -- Pork Roast leftovers
The next Monday (Jan 11) I start my job. Things are going to be kinda hectic around my house for a while, but give them time and they will slow down. I will be making it my goal this year to post at least 4 times a week. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment